Saturday, September 3, 2011

Props to Haz

Hello-

You are probably one of my friends or coworkers or family members or a kid who's on my list of importance. I'm glad you're on the list and welcome to this little area which I am dedicating to keeping anyone who's interested updated on my transition from being a freelance piano player living on the road to being a player living and working in Las Vegas, NV.

Right away I need to say that the idea for this blog wasn't my own, but came from my friend and mentor, Peter Hazzard. I don't usually take Haz's advice but this one wasn't a bad idea. I'm not the kind of guy who would think on his own that anyone would be interested in a musician's blog, but who am I to decide?

Today is Saturday, September 3, 2011 and I'm in Lowell today. I'm spending the day doing some laundry and reading "The Secret" which I'm really saving for the plane on Monday. (Anything to keep from talking to anyone on a plane.)

Things are pretty much in place tho- I'm heading out on Monday like I said and I'm meeting with Frank from the Steve Beyer agency on Tuesday. This is THE agency for anyone in the entertainment industry hoping to work in sin city. Really it's an audition I guess. I'm optomistic as I've had some success in the past with cold auditions.

As far as where I'm going to live and get around and all that, it's hard to make those plans from across the country. I have a place to go when I land on Monday, which is important, and once I get myself situated I'll look for a sublet or a motel with a good rate.

Hard to say much more at this point. I'm really just doing a lot of thinking and keeping those thoughts positive- that's really all I'm doing today. Besides some laundry.

I am very excited tho. After having spent time as a teacher, and a touring musician, and a bored musician without much going on- I know that I'm making the right move on some level. I don't know exactly what I want but I know whatever it is I'm not going to find it in Lowell- and I may not find it in Vegas either, but I'll never know until...

Thanks for reading and please stop by every day or two to see what's happening.

J

3 comments:

  1. welcome to the world of blogging! looking forward to following along on your new journey on the west coast! best of luck to you!
    your favorite cousin (ha!), meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Las Vegas is such a fun city! You are going to have a blast! Let us know where you are playing so we can see a show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take care Jon looking forward too some good news, I'm sure it will be have fun and stay safe... Stay out of the sewers...lol
    Cheryl<3

    ReplyDelete