Thursday, September 8, 2011

Slight change in plans

Hey Everyone

I'm writin tonight from the plush, albeit overly ostentatious Encore at the Wynn. I'm listening to two dudes play who I've never met, but I'm sure I'll know them both soon. No cover here but there IS a two-drink minimum. (shucks...)

So at the last writing, I was scheduled to play off the strip tomorrow. This has been changed as a function of not quite having the appropriate attire. Hey, lesson learned. Don't expect to play Vegas in Jeans and a golf shirt...

So tomorrow I'm off to the Men's Wearhouse to buy a couple suits and some shoes, while my dad is kind enough to break into my apartment in Lowell and fedex me some of my favorite Brooks Brothers shirts.

The up side here is that I'll be able to say that my Vegas debut was on the strip: I'm at the Palazzo on Monday. Sure it would have been nice to gig this weekend but I didn't come out here to play to locals in the next town.

I hope to play here where I'm writing from, Encore, sometime next week. A representative from here will be at my gig Monday, so I'll know more after that.

More later.
Oh and a quick shout out to Charlie Coburn as he negotiates his way into the a Capella group of his choice as a freshman at Lexington HS. Charlie will probably be gigging with me in a few years- watch out

J

No comments:

Post a Comment